The Web Designer will have an extensive background in CSS (CSS3, Sprites), HTML (HTML5), JQuery, PHP and .NET. The Web Designer will be responsible for updating content and graphics, monitoring any change in performance from the updates performed. The Web Designer reports directly to the Design Supervisor.
- Conceptualize, design and code email campaigns
- Propose and implement website design changes to improve shopper experience
- Work with our IT team to reduce site load times and increase overall performance of the site.
- Develops researches and creates user interfaces, page layouts and graphical elements for existing websites.
- Use HTML/CSS to create clean, standards-compliant web pages for various company websites.
- Apply SEO best practices to assigned pages.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in e-commerce design
- Prior experience in A/B site testing tools
- Foundational understanding of web application development with technologies such as CSS (CSS3, Sprites), HTML (HTML5), JQuery, PHP and .NET
- Expertise in HTML/CSS
- Expertise in software such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visual Studio
- Expertise in Internet design issues (browser usability, cross-platform compatibility, color and quick loading of images, etc.)
- Experience in version control systems such as SVN
- Experience in Magento is a plus
- Experience with website conversion optimization and SEO is a plus.
- Demonstrated Written and Verbal Communication Skills, coupled with a high level of Motivation, Attention to Detail, and Ethical Behavior
- You will work at our corporate headquarters in Southern California: 14271 Corporate Drive, Garden Grove, CA 92843
- Industry: Retail/Ecommerce
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
- Salary: DOE
MarineDepot.com is a fast growing aquarium supply company located in Garden Grove, CA. We're looking for smart, creative people who will give 100 percent. Ideal candidates must be dedicated, detail-oriented team players that will thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume ecommerce work environment. The office atmosphere here is low-key, casual and collaborative. We have regular company BBQs, celebrate Take Your Dog To Work Day® and have a great benefits package. Although it is not a prerequisite to working with us, most of our employees are pet owners. We love what we do!