Owning an aquarium controller certainly has its perks. But before we dive into the benefits, just a quick word on the look and feel of this device. The AquaController Apex resembles a black iPod classic and really isn’t much larger. And while we’re on the iPod subject, we should also note that it interfaces with the super-cool iPod Touch/iPhone app, AquaNotes (when are you guys going to start making apps for Android?! I digress).
The screen has a graphic display–icons represent the states of controlled outlets–that offers multiple views of your monitor probes (plus it’s completely customizable). The screen is easy to read, easy to navigate and easy on the eyes (in other words, it looks good). You can see graphs to identify trends and easily monitor/control multiple tanks … without programming knowledge required (thank goodness for me).
We’re offering this baby for pre-order now at a mere $499.99 with free shipping (if you need more time to pay, say, 90-days with no interest, try Bill Me Later!). This is one item that lives up to the hype. Neptune Systems should be proud.
For your $499.99, here’s what you’ll get:
- 1 – Apex Base Unit
- 1 – Apex Display
- 1 – EnergyBar 8 Power Strip
- 1 – Temperature Probe
- 1 – Standard Grade pH Probe
- Ethernet Interface
- Embedded Web Server
- Only controller with web browser Monitoring, Control & Configuration.
- Email Alarms
- Most expandable Controller (Up to 240 modules, hundreds of probes, and thousands of controlled outlets).
- Simple menu driven Configuration: No program language knowledge required.
- Simulates sunrise/sunset
- Simulates moon cycle
- Wave Maker and Random timed cycles
- Built-in Variable speed pump control
- Still water feed mode (multiple modes)
- Monitor/Control Temperature, pH, and ORP
- Digital Calibration on all probes
- Seasonal temp & lighting control
- Flexible Control Options