The Maxspect Razor series of ultra-thin LED aquarium lights made waves in the reef hobby by combining good looks and high performance at an economical price.
Maxspect took the features you loved and made them better. The popular Razor platform was improved and refined, culminating in the new Razor X LED aquarium lighting and control system.
Take a look at these new and improved features!
- Upgraded with CREE Xlamp XP-E and XT-E high-intensity LEDS
- Included 410/420nm Super Actinic LED chips
- Four color channels for precise lighting options
- Automatic temperature control system
- Easy on-light controls
- Wireless/remote control through Syna-G App (for Android and Apple devices)
Maxspect engineers modified the sleek aluminum alloy heat-sink frame and included an automatic fan system for better cooling. High-grade CREE LED chips provide high-intensity light output with proven reliability.
The Razor X fixtures are purpose-built to support coral growth and coloration in reef aquariums and frag grow-out tanks. You can choose from four different color pre-sets plus custom dawn to dusk effects. The new Razors have a wide light spread but are designed to stay within the tank. The aluminum housing prevents glare at viewing heights.
Razor X fixtures are available in four sizes/wattages: 100W, 150W, 200W and 300W. Here are the recommended tank dimensions for each fixture:
- Effective Coverage: 30″ x 22″
- Maximum Coverage: 36″ x 26″
- Suited for tanks: 20″ – 27.5″ Deep
- Effective Coverage: 40″ x 22″
- Maximum Coverage: 48″ x 26″
- Suited for tanks: 27.5″ – 35.5″ Deep
- Effective Coverage: 48″ x 22″
- Maximum Coverage: 50″ x 26″
- Suited for tanks: 35.5″ – 48″ Deep
- Effective Coverage: 64″ x 22″
- Maximum Coverage: 72″ x 26″
- Suited for tanks: 47.2″ – 59″ Deep
Multiple fixtures can be joined in Master/Slave mode. Set-up is easy with the on-light control wheel. The lights can also be wireless connected and controlled through Maxspect Connect (sold separately for $49.99) and the free Syna-G app. The Razor X fixtures come with on-tank mounting legs but a hanging kit is also available.
Be sure to check out all the size options and cool new features in our store. Three of the four sizes (100, 150, and 200 watts) plus the Maxspect Connect ICV6 Controller are in stock as of today!
If you used the last-gen Maxspect Razor, how did you like it? How do you think the features of the new Razor X compare? Is it a worthy successor? Let us know in the comments below!