We all have probably yelled at our aquarium at some point or another, but thanks to modern technology, now they can listen!
Our CEO, Wayland Wong, caught up with Terence of Neptune Systems to chat about the recently released Amazon Alexa Skill that allows you to quickly connect your Apex Fusion account with any Alexa enabled smart home device or using the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
We first heard about using Amazon’s voice assistant, Alexa, to access your Neptune Systems Apex last year when a clever hobbyist posted on Reef2Reef about how he needed testers for his beta version of this Alexa skill.
Not even 12 months later, Neptune Systems has created an official Amazon Alexa Skill that allows you to voice command your Apex aquarium controller using Amazon’s Alexa. The service is available for free and the set-up is surprisingly simply. Follow the steps below and check out the video from Neptune Systems to start voice commanding your aquarium in a matter of minutes.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet and navigate to the menu in the upper left corner.
- Select “Skills & Games”.
- Search “Apex Fusion” using the search bar at the top of the page.
- Select the Apex Fusion Skill.
- Tap the blue colored Enable button; you will then be routed automatically to the Apex Fusion log-in page.
- Enter your Apex Fusion credentials to log-in.
- Tap the orange colored Allow button to connect your Apex Fusion account with your Amazon Alexa account.
- From the main menu in Apex Fusion, select the Gear icon next to the Apex system you want to access with Alexa
- Tap “Enable Voice” from the drop down menu next to the Microphone icon.
- Give it a try by asking Alexa for a status report. “Hey Alexa, ask Apex Fusion for a status report.”
To learn more, you can visit the Neptune System Community Forum to read through the Frequently Asked Questions or visit the Voice Command Help page in Apex Fusion by tapping the ? icon on the Voice Command Configuration screen. Of course, please feel free to contact our technical support team anytime for fast and friendly service as well.